When it’s time to move, everyone faces one fundamental question: do you build a custom home or move into a pre-existing one? With Jacksonville residents now spending more time at home because of the pandemic, potential homeowners are investing in custom-built homes to provide them with a space that best suits their unique needs.
Not sure if a custom-built home is the right option for you? Here are the top six reasons why you should consider building a custom home.
- Personalization: Building a custom home means you are involved in every decision. From the floorplan to the final finishes, you get to determine exactly what you want. With a custom-built home, you don’t have to settle for something that partially fits your needs or spend time and money on renovating a home to match your lifestyle. Your home will be unique and entirely your vision.
- Functionality: Your custom home is designed for your lifestyle. Whether you need extra play space for the kids, a permanent home office for your spouse, or unique accessibility features, building your home allows you to create a floorplan that will be functional for your family for years to come.
- Quality: With the benefits of personalization and functionality comes the added benefit of quality. With a custom home, you control every aspect of the project, including materials, appliances, and systems. While your builder will provide you with many options and their expert opinion, the final choice is yours. You can balance the quality you prefer with your lifestyle needs and budget, and you know exactly what is in your home.
- Efficiency: Technology is continually changing and advancing the way we build homes and the systems we use within them. Newly constructed homes are more energy-efficient than older homes and can more easily incorporate the latest home automation technology (smart appliances, security systems, motorized controls, sensors, etc.). Overall, energy-efficient designs, materials, and products last longer, lower your utility bills and reduce your impact on the environment.
- Move-in Ready: When you build a custom home, everything is complete at the time you move in. When you don’t have a laundry list of home improvement projects to tackle, you can spend more time enjoying your home and less time (and money) worrying about what needs work.
- Ability to Choose Your Builder: With a custom-built home, the first decision you get to make, and perhaps the most important, is who you want to entrust to design and build it.
Choosing a trusted professional, like Elizabeth Evans Custom Homes, can help ensure your home is what you envision. At Elizabeth Evans Custom Homes, we strive to be the best custom homebuilder for our clients. With over 50 years of combined experience, you can trust that our team will handle your project with the utmost care and respect. Our goal is for you to enjoy your home for years to come. Contact us today to see how we can bring your vision to life.